Formula Interiors is a commercial builder with more than 60 years of experience building commercial environments all across Australia. We specialise in fitout construction and building refurbishments, as well as the design and production of interior systems.
Our growing Chatswood office is seeking a proven professional project manager. Ideally, the best candidate will have a proven track record in delivering multiple quality projects on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have;
- A qualification in Project Management or equivalent.
- 5yrs+ construction industry experience within Australia, in the fitout sector.
- Strong understanding of the QEHS standards and requirements on construction sites.
- Strong financial project reporting skills as well as excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent time management skills
- Excellent computer skills and must be proficient in the MS Office suite including MS Project.
- Prior use of Pronto software would be beneficial.
The role requires you to provide overall Leadership and Management of designated projects from handover and acceptance, through construction to hand over, finalisation and defects. The role requires effective OH&S management and continual physical and financial control, strong leadership, excellent communication and sound management for each project team.
As a project manager, you would be responsible for the successful delivery of projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Develop and grow Client and Consultant relationships through effective and regular communication.
- Identify and satisfy Client’s needs on current projects
- Manage and monitor monthly reports, project forecasts, and control variables.
- Prepare and monitor the construction program and prepare detailed finalisation programme where necessary in conjunction with the Construction Manager.
- Monitor all aspects of site administration including safety, site diaries, industrial relation issues, etc.
- Coordinate the Project Supervisors and subcontract trades to maximize teamwork and to address project issues.
- Price, submit and negotiate variation claims in a timely manner ensuring full compliance with the Head Contract.
- Solid knowledge of relevant codes, standards, internal policies & contracts.
- Planning and Programming skills.
- Detailed knowledge of local council and regulatory requirements and standards, local Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Facilitates the achievement of the company’s corporate goals, Vision, Mission, and Values.
A keen business acumen, initiative and a strong desire to succeed are all equally critical to your success. As a person, you thrive on the challenge of doing things faster, smarter and with higher quality than your competition. Your attention to detail and ability to construct in your head sets you apart from other Project Managers.
If you are looking for a new challenge, the next step in your career or you simply feel you have all the right attributes to make a positive impact in this role and company alike then apply by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE.