Estimator, Chatswood NSW
- Chatswood, NSW Based
- Diverse Range of Commercial Building Projects
- A Flexible Working Arrangement Can Be Negotiated
- We transform the spaces where people work and play
We are currently seeking an experienced estimator to join Formula, a commercial builder with an open builders license that specialises in commercial fit out and refurbishment. We work predominately in the Corporate, Education, Government, Health, and Retail sectors.
Reporting to the State General Manager, you will be responsible for accurate and high-quality estimating for tenders/submissions. You will be involved in;
- Ensuring tenders are technically and numerically correct, fully detailed, transparent and traceable
- Developing relationships with key industry professionals
- Maintaining relationships with clients
- Ensuring solid building practice across all aspects of the tendering process
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, industry codes of practice, and project requirements specified by clients or regulators with cost implications are included in tenders, budgets, and/or cost plans
- Attending Project Completion sessions
To be successful in this role you will ideally have 2 – 3 years estimating experience, preferably in an Interiors environment. In addition, you must have strong communication skills, the ability to build great working relationships, and strong attention to detail. Finely tuned time management skills, high-level computer skills, numeracy, and a strong customer focus are also critical.
In addition, you will have a strong desire to succeed, you will need to be able to think on your feet, work well autonomously and demonstrate a commitment to quality, high standards, and attention to detail.
You will be joining a great team where like-minded people work together to achieve great things. We are always on the lookout for great people with initiative, ambition, proven skills, a passion for what they do, and a great work ethic. In other words, people with the same strengths and values as Formula Interiors. We offer a great workplace.
Some of the benefits we provide:
- Flexible working arrangement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – free influenza vaccinations, audiometric testing & more
So if you are looking for a new challenge, the next step in your career or you simply feel you have all the right attributes to make a positive impact on this role and company alike, please apply now.
No Agencies, please.
Cadet Contract Administrator Brisbane, Qld
Formula Interiors is a construction company that specialises in commercial fit out and refurbishments. We have offices in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne and we work predominately in the Corporate, Government, Health, Hospitality, Higher Education, and Retail sectors.
Our East Brisbane office seeks a reliable hard-working team player to perform the role of Cadet Contract Administrator. Reporting to a Project Manager, your primary duties will be to provide support to the Project team, developing into a contracts administration role which includes, but not limited to the below duties:
• Prepare contract commencements for Project management
• Control of all project related documentation
• Ensuring procedures are followed in the project registration process
• Control of the variation approval process
• Carry out revenue forecasting on projects in conjunction with Project Managers
• Carry out costs to complete analysis in conjunction with Project Managers
• Ensuring compliance with workplace health & safety
• General administration duties
We understand you may be studying and may be expecting to work part-time. We will work with you to create a flexible working plan to accommodate university timetables and holidays. Formula will offer you:
• Full training and support to allow you to thrive and excel in your construction career
• Latest systems and programmes
• Work alongside highly experienced employees
• Supportive flexible workplace culture
We are seeking an individual who is willing to get involved, is motivated, enthusiastic and prepared to learn. To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
• You must be currently enrolled in a construction related diploma or degree
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a focus on providing exceptional customer service
• A strong commitment to safety, quality, environment and customer relationships
• Excellent time management, attention to detail, and organisational skills
• Ability to process and communicate technical information
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a successful team
• Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
We seek a reliable, hardworking team player who is seeking a career in the construction industry. If you enjoy a fast-paced working environment and have the ability to work to deadlines then please apply now.
We are looking for candidates that are wanting a career in construction. If you meet the attributes outlined above we would love to hear from you.
Project Manager - Port Melbourne, Vic
Port Melbourne – Full Time
Formula Interiors is a commercial builder with more than 60 years of experience building commercial environments all across Australia. We specialise in fitout construction and building refurbishments, as well as the design and production of interior systems.
Our growing Port Melbourne office is seeking a proven professional project manager. Ideally, the best candidate will have a proven track record in delivering multiple quality projects on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have;
- A qualification in Project Management or equivalent.
- 5yrs+ construction industry experience within Australia, in the fitout sector.
- Strong understanding of the QEHS standards and requirements on construction sites.
- Strong financial project reporting skills as well as excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent time management skills
- Excellent computer skills and must be proficient in the MS Office suite including MS Project.
- Prior use of Pronto software would be beneficial.
The role requires you to provide overall Leadership and Management of designated projects from handover and acceptance, through construction to hand over, finalisation and defects. The role requires effective OH&S management and continual physical and financial control, strong leadership, excellent communication, and sound management for each project team.
As a project manager, you would be responsible for the successful delivery of projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Develop and grow Client and Consultant relationships through effective and regular communication.
- Identify and satisfy Client’s needs on current projects
- Manage and monitor monthly reports, project forecasts, and control variables.
- Prepare and monitor the construction program and prepare detailed finalisation programme where necessary in conjunction with the Construction Manager.
- Monitor all aspects of site administration including safety, site diaries, industrial relation issues, etc.
- Coordinate the Project Supervisors and subcontract trades to maximize teamwork and to address project issues.
- Price, submit, and negotiate variation claims in a timely manner ensuring full compliance with the Head Contract.
- Solid knowledge of relevant codes, standards, internal policies & contracts.
- Planning and Programming skills.
- Detailed knowledge of local council and regulatory requirements and standards, local Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Facilitates the achievement of the company’s corporate goals, Vision, Mission, and Values.
A keen business acumen, initiative, and a strong desire to succeed are all equally critical to your success. As a person, you thrive on the challenge of doing things faster, smarter, and with higher quality than your competition. Your attention to detail and ability to construct in your head sets you apart from other Project Managers.
If you are looking for a new challenge, the next step in your career or you simply feel you have all the right attributes to make a positive impact in this role and company alike then submit your resume below.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE.