Heading back to the office soon? There are a few office fitout considerations you’ll need to think about when getting your space ready for post-pandemic working, now and into the future.
Space is one of the main factors. Under current guidelines, there is a minimum requirement of four-square metres per person, and at least 1.5m between individuals.
When it comes to creating some extra room in your office, you have two choices – make better use of the space you already have, or find somewhere bigger and fit it out to suit your business.
Key office fitout considerations for the ‘new normal’
Whichever option you choose, here are a few things to think about.
- Divide your office into zones so staff have limited contact with anyone outside their immediate team.
- Increase desk spacing. Create a configuration that allows more space between desks to reduce the chances of any infection spreading.
- Hot desking where equipment is shared may need to be reconsidered if you are creating a COVID-safe environment.
- Now might be the time for the return of cubicles or offices. Smart glass partitions are an ideal solution for defining spaces, without losing light or privacy. They can be moved as needed for added flexibility.
- Consider larger open plan lunchrooms and printer rooms so people aren’t forced close together in confined spaces. You may also need to re-think meeting rooms.
- Think about whether you will stagger employee hours or have staff split their time between the office and remote work. Will you need a greater investment in technology to keep remote workers in touch with colleagues and clients?
- Hygiene facilities. Do you need sanitising stations? Think about how easy your office fitout will be to keep clean. You want to keep the fixtures and layout streamlined, and use materials that can withstand being wiped over regularly.
If you’re renovating your existing space or moving to new premises, make sure you choose a company that understands the post-pandemic office fitout considerations, and has experience in delivering functional, stylish spaces. Contact our team to find out how we can help.