A medical clinic needs to be clean and functional, but it also needs to be appealing and welcoming to patients.
Here are a few things to consider when planning your medical clinic fitout, to keep your patients comfortable and returning to your practice again and again.
- Reception areas. The reception area is the first point of contact your patients will have with your clinic, and first impressions matter. An inviting reception will help relax patients and put them at ease. A few homely touches like rugs, paintings and plants can go a long way to helping you create a warm and welcoming environment.
- Make sure you have plenty of waiting room seating so your patients don’t feel overcrowded. While you want to avoid plastic chairs and other hard seating, you also need to think practically when it comes to maintaining a hygienic environment. Comfortable seating that’s easy to wipe down is usually best for practical purposes.
- Use colour. A bit of colour can help make your clinic appear warmer and more welcoming. You don’t have to go overboard, but a few warmer tones or bright accents can brighten things up and reduce the feeling of sterility that can creep in if everything is white.
- Create an area for children. For children, visiting a clinic can be scary. A dedicated children’s play area can help put younger patients at ease as well as distracting them during waiting times. Just make sure any toys you provide are easy to wipe down.
- Use nature. Being around nature is extremely healing and you can bring in a few touches of the natural world to your clinic fitout using plants, images of nature and natural materials like wood wherever possible. Make the best possible use of natural light to help create an uplifting environment.
A medical fitout requires a different approach to an office or other type of fitout. Contact our team about how we can help you create a comfortable environment that puts your patients at ease.