Choosing a commercial fit-out company is a big decision. A good company will give you a quality end result on time and within budget, but the wrong company can have a lasting impact on your business success.
While each business has different needs, there are a few things everyone should look for before making a decision. We’ve put together five questions we recommend you ask any potential commercial fit-out companies before you sign on the dotted line.
- How long have you been in business? Unfortunately, not all office fit-out companies are fiscally responsible. Without good financial management it can be easy for an office fit-out company to go out of business, leaving you stranded. The longer a company has been established, the more likely it is they are reliable and trustworthy. Extensive experience delivers the right solutions.
- Have you done anything in the past that is similar to our project? Ask to see examples of previous projects. Ideally you will want to choose a company that has already completed at least one project that’s similar to yours.
- What is the expected timeframe for completion? Deadlines are important when it comes to commercial fit-outs, as unexpected delays can impact your business productivity and sales in a major way. Always get a timeframe for project completion upfront and in writing before you commit to anything.
- Do you have the necessary licensing and insurance in place? Insurance won’t just protect the fit-out company if something unforeseen happens, it will protect your business. Before you hire anyone, make sure they have the required insurance and licenses in the state they are operating, and check they are in compliance with local building and safety regulations. This way you know you’re covered if anything should go wrong.
- What are your payment terms? It’s vitally important to get the payment terms agreed upfront so everyone is clear on expectations. This includes any progress payments and a documented process of approvals, so you know that everyone is on the same page.
If you’re looking for a reputable office fit-out company for your next project, why not get in touch with Formula Interiors? We’ve been in business for over 60 years, and have thousands of successfully completed projects!